Helping Girls Thrive in A Digital World with Donna Jackson Nakazawa
Donna Jackson Nakazawa is an award-winning journalist and internationally-recognized speaker whose latest book, Girls on the Brink: Helping Our Daughters Thrive in an Era of Increased Anxiety, Depression, and Social Media was named one of the best health books of 2022 by The Washington Post and Mashable.
In this episode, Donna shares what the science shows us about the growing adolescent female mental health crisis. With depression and anxiety amongst youth at unprecedented levels this conversation and her work are more important than ever.
- Why anxiety and depression are at unprecedented levels amongst girls
- The increased sexualization of girls on social media
- How social media stress impacts the developing brain
- Why girls are going through puberty earlier and the impact
- The single question that can increase the chance of a child flourishing by 12x
- At what age should parents be allowing their kids on social media
- The importance of media literacy in schools
Pour yourself a warm bevy and PRESS PLAY!
RESOURCES & LINKS MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
The Raw Beauty Retreat – all the details here!
Take the Anxiety Quiz – here
The Anxiety Reset – here
Girls on The Brink – book here
Like this episode?! Please take a moment to share it with your friends!
Say hi to us on social:
Listen to the podcast here: