How We Overcame Our Eating Disorders with Erin & Kelly Uchima
In this episode, Erin and Kelly get real and raw about the eating disorders they both have experienced. This candid conversation dives deep into body image issues, the need for control, and the layers of trauma that both women have navigated as well as their individual journeys with weed and alcohol. Tune in to hear the 5 top tips that have helped their recovery along with some wise words of wisdom and love.
THANK YOU TO OUR SPONSOR: GROVE COLLABORATIVE
If you follow me on Instagram, you know I’ve started to switch out single use plastics in our home and have discovered Grove Collaborative – they carry hundreds of products to replace everything from cleaning products to beauty favourites and I’m obsessed with their bottles and counter spray scents. As always with everything I recommend… it actually works! Go to grove.com/rawbeauty today to get a free gift set worth up to $50 with your first purchase (and shipping is fast + free!) and try for yourself. Let me know what you think!
RESOURCES & LINKS MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
Follow Kelly on Instagram – @_kellyu
Follow Therapy Thursday on Instagram – @therapythursday_
Listen to Kelly’s new podcast – Listen to Kelly’s new podcast: Therapy Thursday with Kelly U
SHORT ON TIME? Here are some key topics we covered…
- How Kelly developed an eating disorder at 10 years old
- How Erin’s goal to be ‘healthier’ slipped into an eating disorder
- The invisible disorder: binge eating
- Performance, control and a lack of nurture
- Trauma healing, self-awareness, bravery and healing
- How Kelly detached by smoking weed (and her addiction and sobriety)
- Why Erin chose to stop drinking alcohol
- Kelly & Erin’s top 5 tips that have helped their recovery
Like this episode?! Please take a moment to share it with your friends!
Say hi to us on social:
Listen to the podcast here: